The sculpture park of the Telšiai faculty of the Vilnius Academy of Arts was established in 2011. October 21 on the beautiful shore of Lake Mutis near the Telšiai Faculty of Vilnius Academy of Arts. The authors of the idea are the head of the Architecture Department of Telšiai Municipality prof. Algirdas Žebrauskas and doc. Osvaldas Neniškis.
Twenty-one sculptures are exhibited in the sculpture park. Their creators are graduates of Telšiai Technical School of Applied Arts, Telšiai Higher School of Applied Arts and Telšiai Faculty of Vilnius Academy of Arts:
Petras Rimkus. Decorative form. Diplom work. Granite. 1978
Leonard Kaleinikov. "Stairs". Diplom work. Granite. 1985
Ovid Shileika. "Bud". Granite. Diplom work. 1983
Raimundas Poškus, Juozas Bagdonas, Rolandas Repšys, Ovidijus Šileika, Audrius Jonušas, Kęstutis Lenkauskas, Igoris Remeika. IV k. course work. Granite. 1983
Arvydas Šlaustas. "Sunset". Diplom work. Granite. 1997
Arūnas Guokas. "Warning only." Diplom work. Granite, steel. 1998
Rimantas Jarašius. The Infantry. Diplom work. Steel, concrete. 2004
Valdas Adomkus. "Caterpillar". Diplom work. Granite. 1988
Vytautas Borusas. "Table". Diplom work. Granite. 1983
Today, the sculpture park has only just begun to take shape. It will be constantly supplemented with new student works to open the history of art education of the Faculty of Telšiai since 1931.
The authors of the park idea and the Telšiai Faculty of Vilnius Academy of Arts aim to turn the park into a bridge to art for a wide variety of audiences.
Photo by P. Balčiūnas