ATTENTION! CLOSED FOR RECONSTRUCTION FROM 14/09/2020.
The Samogitian Diocese Museum was founded in 1999. in the late baroque building of the former Varniai Samogitian seminary, built in 1770. through the efforts of Bishop Jonas Dominykas Lopacinskis. The Museum of the Samogitian Diocese presents one of the two former dioceses in Lithuania in the 15th – 20th centuries. pr. - Samogitian (Medininkai) diocese, the center of which was Varniai for almost 450 years, occupying a special place in the religious, cultural and political life of Lithuania and leaving a bright mark in the history of the country.