It is so called because in the years of tsarist Russia, in this synagogue, Jewish soldiers took an oath of allegiance to the tsar. The synagogue was built in 1870. It is one of the oldest two-storey brick buildings. The highest class of Jews in Telšiai prayed there. Currently, there is an airmen's club and offices.
Photo from the archives of the Samogitian Museum "Alka".