Memorials to Rainiai martyrs in Rainiai forest

History

Contact us

  1. Cross in 1941 on the night of June from 24 to 25. in this forest NKVD-NKGB Telšiai aps. in memory of the 75 political prisoners of Telšiai Prison who were tortured by the staff of the unit and their assistants.

    Aut. unknown.
    Built in 1988 (1989).

  2. Monument in 1941 on the night of June from 24 to 25. in this forest NKVD-NKGB Telšiai aps. in memory of the 75 political prisoners of Telšiai Prison who were tortured by the staff of the unit and their assistants.

    Aut. sculptor Remigijus Midvikis, architect Algirdas Žebrauskas.
    Unveiled in 1991. November 1 By the care of the Samogitian Cultural Society.

  3. Three crosses in 1941 on the night of June from 24 to 25. in this forest NKVD-NKGB Telšiai aps. in memory of the 75 political prisoners of Telšiai Prison who were tortured by the staff of the unit and their assistants.

    Built during World War II.
    Demolished and thrown to the bottom of Viešvėnai pond during the Soviet occupation.
    Restored in 2008 month of January. It was restored by the former elder of Viešvėnai Antanas Lukošius.

Photo by A. Beresnevičius, 1999
Source genocid.lt

 

Reviews

To comment on